Our Aims and Ethos
At Horton Lodge School our aim is to ensure that every child develops to their full potential in their learning, physical, independence and social skills. We aim to be a centre of expertise and to provide support for parents and the wider community.
This is achieved through the following ethos and values
- To ensure equal opportunities and accessibility
- To promote each child’s holistic development including their individual approach to independence and communication
- To provide a high quality, specialist education which meets the needs of every individual
- To ensure meaningful assessment procedures are in place
- To ensure outstanding attainment and achievement for all our children which is celebrated
- To ensure a safe and secure learning environment including robust safeguarding
- To maintain the highest standards of care and embed dignity and respect in all that we do
- To maintain a communication-rich environment where pupil voice is cultivated
- To shape effective attitudes/behaviours for learning and life through our underpinning behaviour principles
- To ensure a positive climate and environments for learning
- To develop each child personally through the provision of spiritual, moral, social and cultural provision and education
- To create a warm and friendly school for pupils, parents, staff and visitors
- To continually seek to develop our staff and the expertise within school
- To work in partnership with parents and other agencies to achieve best outcomes for pupils and their families
Our Values – ‘Provision with P.R.I.D.E.’
At Horton Lodge School we seek to maintain PRIDE in all that we do.
We value and respect all adults and children with whom we work.
We work hard to establish excellent working relationships with parents, professionals and colleagues, through teamwork, good communication and mutual respect.
We maintain the highest standards of integrity in all that we do, deliver on our promises and promote a safe environment for all.
We are dedicated to delivering the highest quality provision for our children, embracing continuous improvement and actively support the development of our staff.
We strive for excellent outcomes for all our children